Friday, February 26, 2010

More Snow . . . again.

Another 3 inches at least today. Dave is getting stir crazy - he really needs to ride his bike again. He's thinking about the 4 (or was that 3) races he's signed up for this year. Can you believe he'd rather train at work (because he can't ride on the ice) than eat a lunch with his kiddos during their winter break? They were pretty disappointed. Oh well.
Today, Adam enjoyed the snow with the neighbors (all three american families on our little block) while Eli rested inside. He wasn't feeling quite well. Adam's snow stuff was very wet when he came in. That's kind of a good sign. It means it's a little warmer when the snow is wet. But, of course, it's always warmer when it snows. It doesn't really snow if it's too cold. I hope he hung his snow stuff up. I didn't check to make sure. One of the disadvantages of having a downstairs entryway. You can't see what's happening to it when the kids come in. Often times I don't see the messes till I answer the door for a visitor. Someday, the kids will remember to come in and make sure everything is in it's right place hanging up and drying nicely (instead of steaming and stinking in a pile) and they will ALL do so and remember to help the neighbor kids find hooks for their coats too. I am sure they are capable of such things without the reminding mother voice always calling after them - sometimes hours later when she sees the disasters left behind. At least the outside door has been shut all the way . . . lately. We're working on shutting the inside entry door too - it stays so00 much warmer when they are both shut tight.
I'm always thankful for the new snow that covers all the old dirty, crusty snow . . .

2 comments:

  1. Do you get trails at your house? I'm sure you do. To find the child, just follow the trail they left of..shoes,coat,gloves,backpack.It usually leads right to the fridge. '
    P.S. Thanks for the birthday notes for Zac. He loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fresh new snow. It's magical. But, like you, I do NOT love all of the gear that is filling up our mudroom. Sometimes I can barely open the door to get in. As soon as they get in the door, they strip, leaving everything in a big pile.
    We miss your lot!

    ReplyDelete