Winter hasn't left us yet. The fjord is still partially frozen over, my driveway and the neighborhood road is still very icy from the first packed snow we received, my entryway has been taken over by coats and snow gear, hot chocolate is requested every day and we even had new snowfall yesterday - enough for the snowplow tractor to come around again. The temperature has rarely been above freezing, if at all. It is cold. I am AMAZED. Honestly . . . two winters of absolutely no winter (rather lots and lots of rain with maybe a couple days with snow here and there), but this winter? Are we still living in the same place? This is looking and feeling more like Alaska. Last week (or was that two weeks ago), Stavanger broke the record for the longest period of snow on the ground, since they have been keeping record. I think it's been over fifty years since they have had a "real winter" like this. Anyway, we've been amazed by a winter season again and I really should be enjoying every bit of it. Though, I still haven't gone out and got those cross country skis I'd like because I keep thinking that when I do, the snow will be gone . . . but it's still not. Funny how that works. Hope you are enjoying your winter! Later.
We are opposite. The last 2 years we had tons of snow and freezing temperatures. This month we have had days where we went outside in t-shirts. Crazy.
ReplyDeletep.s. Get the skiis!!
I wish I could go cross country skiing with you!! I had never tried it until last year when you were visiting and had so much fun, I love reading your updates and we are often talking, missing and wishing we were with your family!! We love you!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to tell you (really late) that I LOVED your post about Christmas. What an amazing retreat. We miss you. I love reading your posts.
ReplyDeleteWendy