Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Winter Break
This is the first winter break we have ever had with snow here in Norway without having to drive somewhere for a few hours to get to it. . . I think. The kids are out of school all week. Their break began perfectly. Saturday and Sunday a few inches of new snow blanketed our already packed and icy snow. Monday and today the sun shone brightly and the kids played outside as much as they could. They even got to go sledding with Dad and a couple extra neighbors last night instead of having an official family night. Ok, so where do we place our values really - need to get better at that. Anyway, they had an absolute blast and didn't even come back in for dinner till nearly 8pm. Today it was snow forts and snow forts and a few snow fort battles. I love the glowing red cheeks on my children when they come indoors from all their fun. Winter is soooo much more fun with snow. And, it's even more fun when you get a whole week of snow without school. WOW. And it really is getting lighter and of course has been lighter with all this snow. Rain is so dark. It's been so nice to have the lighter brighter snow during the wintertime dark instead of the dark, very wet rain. There has been so much more to do outside! I am also enjoying good sun facing windows on this home during the winter season. The sun shines in, brightening and warming all within. It's cozy warm on the inside and beautiful looking out. Perfect. Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Diane, I am thinking of you. I am glad that the sun is starting to shine more on your family. I hope and pray that your life may be filled with sunshine despite the dreary winters that we have sometimes. I love you guys. Your example of being parents has had a great impact on my life. I look up to your family and hope that our family can be as adventuress and fun loving as yours. I want you to know that during this exciting time of our life that I am thinking of you guys.
ReplyDelete