Sunday, March 7, 2010
Spring is Coming?
The sun is moving up higher in the sky, and it's light when the kids go to school and even after dinner. The air feels like spring and I am sure that I am hearing more birds outside. But, it snowed nearly every day this week. The good news is, we don't really have more snow because the sun also came out later in the afternoon and warmed everything up. So, we have our snow still with ice in the morning and big puddles by the afternoon. I see bits of green trying to appear at the edges of the snow. Spring is really trying to come . . . I'm just not sure how soon the weather will let her come. In the meantime, Adam had a fun walk home from school this week with his tongue out (he was catching snowflakes to eat amidst the blizzard around him), we've enjoyed some warm afternoon sun surrounded by the bright new snow while waiting for the boys at the park near the bus stop, and we've played fox and geese with the boys at the park before going home. We also have a new snow rocket and small snowman in the yard. And, I like driving through big snow and ice melt puddles. It's a good sign, even if they are all frozen by the time I take the kids to school in the morning. I even went for a walk today on almost all asphalt along the bike trails, with lots of left over gravel from all the snow and ice. That's a good thing. I am missing a lower sun that shines through my front room windows and warms up my house for most of a sunny day. Freeze, thaw, freeze, thaw, freeze, thaw, thaw, thaw . . . green! Spring will be here soon, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, lovely spring!!!! Seemingly the most sought after season of the year! She has teased us also a bit this week, and the crocuses are ready to burst into bloom. It was a rainy day for Grammie, Olivia and Brendan today, so we couldn't take the wagon out for a ride...and the weatherman's news was winter-boding tonight...maybe we'll have to wait a little longer...
ReplyDeletelove to you all, Mom/Grammie