Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bubble Wand

This is a bubble wand.

Adam's bubble wand.
On a very warm "fall" (but it felt like summer) evening a while back,
the kids and I enjoyed the bubbles the wand can make.


The bubbles it makes remind me of another bubble making day at Grammie's house.
I think her bubbles were better, but since we don't have her special "wand"
and her little pool that holds the bubbles, we use this wand.

Mary Alice willingly held the bubble holder part of the wand for the bubble makers...

...and got really soapy. She didn't mind.
She would run her hands up and down the bubble holder
enjoying the slip and slime of the bubble liquid that often spilled out
while also watching for the big bubbles to form.


As the bubbles were formed and we looked up at them against the evening's rich blue sky...



we began to notice the colors...

as the sun went down, the color of the bubbles caught in it's setting rays was amazing.

The bubbles lasted till the sun had set.
Then we put the want away.

3 comments:

  1. This would be a dream come true for Deanna, she loves and talks all about bubbles! What a fun activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, Diane, the pictures are beautiful...And so are those fantastic bubbles!
    I thought about our earlier bubble making experience the other day when we went to the Discovery Museum in Boise. They had a bubble making operation going, but not half so fun as yours!
    Love forever,
    Mom/Grammie
    PS Dawn detergent and Karo Syrup make great bubbles, but I have forgotten the formula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one heck of a wand! So cool. I love the colors against the sky. I assuming that those are M.A.'s and Adam's school uniforms? How cool that they get to wear uniforms. Do you all like that they have to wear them?
    Hey, what about a skype play date for our kids?

    ReplyDelete