
I have enjoyed a very long autumn here....or is that winter...or are we beginning to see spring...? Where I come from, it's mid summer and warm. But here, it's winter, they say. The leaves have been turning and falling from the trees since March, I think. First they turned just a little and fell just a little, but now that it is August, there are a lot more bare trees that have only been bare for a couple weeks, if that and, there is a blossoming tree in our neighbors back yard...does that mean spring is here, when the leaves that are going to fall have just finished falling? I think I am not feeling all the seasons like I am used to. Of course. This is, after all, Australia. When it is summer in the north, Australia is in "winter" with rain and temperatures that make me feel like the far North's summer...but it doesn't really look like it. Most of the lawns are lush and green, but part of the trees have lost their leaves and everyone is wearing jackets. It looks like Autumn. Autumn to me, but winter to Australians.
So, with a few months (4 at least) of Autumn, have come a few months of Autumn leaf pictures. I hope you don't mind me sharing the lot with you. I couldn't help but notice the colorful leaves in our yard. I have put together a "little" gallery of what I have seen.
The end. Finally. That's only the best ones.




This last picture is not the blossoming tree. These flowers have been on the trees this last month of winter. The birds love them and I think I do to. There are quite a few of these trees lining a few of the streets here and their orange-red is quite stunning on a sunny day. I am sorry I have not gotten a full picture of one, just close ups while watching the birds. (If I get to it, I'll post those pictures later.)
Now you are probably thinking I am not busy enough....I stay busy enough.I am thankful for the opportunity to enjoy the wonders of this beautiful world around me every day amidst life's ongoing journey. I am amazed at the details. They certainly aren't accidental. Australia has a lot of unique details to notice. So if you ever come to visit, remember to look a little closer at what you see.














































Those are beautiful. Your gallery is so artistic. I love the one green leaf among all of the "fall" colored ones. What kinds of trees are those? I have never seen so many colors on one leaf. Australia's weather would completely throw me off. It sounds like it is 3 seasons all at once right now.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure what kinds of trees the leaves came from (the majority of them anyway) and the trees with the orange red flowers - they are 2 different types of trees but both in the vicinity of the backyard and surrounding back yard...something else to learn about our new surroundings, the names of the plants and trees...
ReplyDelete