Eli opted for a science party this year.
I was thinking of something easier and quiet, like rock climbing with a few friends.
But, I kindly gave him his wish, after all, it was his birthday, not mine.
So,
Here's the birthday boy . . .
I was thinking of something easier and quiet, like rock climbing with a few friends.
But, I kindly gave him his wish, after all, it was his birthday, not mine.
So,
Here's the birthday boy . . .
Here's the birthday party.
Have you ever had 10 rowdy 8-9 year old boys running through your home?
It was a lot of fun, but I must say it's a good thing I have a year to recover!
After the crowd collected at our house and ran crazy for a bit,
we organized ourselved and had some scientific fun.
First we dressed the part, mom was thinking "nice science"
but of course, this is what we ended up with.
Scary.
Fun.
Don't they look great?
After dressing the part, we got busy with experiments.
Balloons, water, baking soda, food coloring, vinegar, paper, string,
pins, tape, oil, toothpicks, soda bottles, sticks . . . lots of fun with lots of stuff.
We were busy trying things out while making noise & messes.
Most of us had a blast watching and learning while a few were upstairs
playing laser tag, spy, chase . . . just running crazy.
Thankfully there were no injuries and no injured things.
After the science fun, we ate dinner
then made icecream sundae "inventions" which we ate with cake.
I had fun making this cake and it wasn't really that hard!
And, I thought it turned out pretty great. WOw.
I love it when other people share their neat ideas on the web.
I daresay, it was a great party and . . . I could maybe do it again sometime.
Happy Birthday Eli! I love you!
Happy Birthday Eli! I love you!
Oh my goodness Diane, you're AMAZING. He will never forget that!! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your party ideas, Diane! You are so creative. That seriously looks like a blast party! How awesome.
ReplyDelete