I am internet impaired right now...very limited thanks to our recent move. So, to keep the download very small on Dave's new toy, the iphone, this is the 10 pictures all lumped into one large, small memory, picture. They are all boxes anyway. Such has been our life for the past week and a half as we try to unpack, sort, re order and be officially moved into another home. The frustrations of moving.....let's not even go there. Instead, we will focus on the blessings.
First, the company paid for the move. We were packed up (by someone else) and out of our old house with all things in the new house in 2 days. Wow. I didn't think they could do it.
We now have a yard (at the new house) that we won't have to worry about killing. It is already mostly dead and overgrown. So, hopefully, we will only be able to improve it and not be accused of not taking good care of it.
Our new house is a newer house. Much newer. Yay! So maybe we won't have so many odd things breaking and falling apart and things like roofs leaking all over us in the winter time. And, the pipes don't rattle any more. And there is no attic door that will bang open and shut in a drafty wind.
This house smells good. I haven't heard any complaints about how this house smells. No old house smell here.
We have a garage! Hopefully we can keep it from turning into the storage room....
We are only 7 minutes from school now. Eli doesn't get car sick on the way to school any more.
Eli has discovered that there are actually 3 other kids in his grade that live on our same street. We didn't have that many even at our old neighborhood school.
Eli can walk to the library. It is only a block away.
Both boys can ride bikes or walk to their basketball games on Saturday.
Mary Alice's room has space for all her things....and then some. For the first time since leaving Alaska, she has a closet in her room! A big one.
This mom has been way too busy to worry about baby and pregnancy. That is a good thing, right?
I am so tired every night that I sleep. Really well.
Dave and I have a master bathroom. Wow. That is a luxury we have not enjoyed since Alaska.
And, the house has a water filter right in the kitchen. The water from the tap actually tastes good.
I now have a linen closet. It is so nice and big. It is already looking so much neater than the large closet my linens and bathroom things shared with electronics, sewing, crafty stuff, scrap booking supplies and photo books.
And the bathrooms actually have cabinets with room for bathroom things and toilet paper.
The wall here have hooks in them we can use for our pictures! Yay. Since you can't put hooks in the walls when you rent here, I am very happy to have lots of hooks already in the walls for us.
So yes, I am feeling a bit over spoiled. Despite really liking where we were and really not wanting to move at this time, there are many good things for us to enjoy about our new house.

Yay, glad to hear from you! It sounds like the new house is wonderful, and so fun being so close to everything. And, man, so nice to have someone move you, especially right now being prego mama. Please take pictures of your new house and post them (when you get the chance) so that we can all see where you are living.
ReplyDeleteLove y'all!
Hello family!
ReplyDeleteThanks for this update on your home. Sounds like a house you will enjoy! How many bedrooms do you have? I emailed a letter to Eli, Adam and Mary Alice on your Norway Sheley email address, but I can see now that you probably didn't get them. I'm so glad that you are sleeping well.
Love to you all,
Mom/G