Friday, May 11, 2012

More than 10 on U.S. 10

The 10th of May calls for a few more picts for a very special day... though there is nothing super special to show. I totally forgot about the 10 on 10 till...oh...after dinner. I guess I had other things on my mind. I had actually taken one picture in the afternoon at school with Adam's science fair display. He did his project all by himself with some guidance from his scientifiically minded dad. He didn't even get to use the aid of the computer to make a nicely printed display board because our printer is out of service right now.

Our special day went something like this.....up early, got the kids off to school, came home, did some wash, got ready for doctor's appointment, hoped the lawn guy would come while I was home so I could let him into the back yard to cut it (more on that later), met Dave at the doctor's office - because I forgot I was supposed to leave early and pick him up...waited, got to see baby and check my progress (I'm a 2), affirmed induction day on the 16th, but will need to go into the hospital on Monday eve to prep the body for delivery, after doctor, went out for a yummy quick gourmet pizza lunch so Dave could hurry back to work (had a lot to do), after lunch came home, changed into something cooler (the day had become quite warm), went to first hair appointment in over a year (really needed a good trim before the baby comes), after appointment thought I would come home for a little rest but forgot about Adam's class science fair day so grabbed camera at home and headed for the school. Science projects were neat. Adam said kids at school lined up to see the light in his box. He's a cute kid. Met a new mom at school from France who is expecting in July who has a boy in Adam's class who is learning english. Fun. She is just moving in....sounds like we are kind of in the same boat. She is a high risk pregnancy too.... took kids home from school, snacked, Mary Alice hurried to get ready for ballet, a slow hurry but still made it on time, took Adam and Eli to mall to find special pens Adam wanted for class. Cost $24, but bought them anyway and bought 2 packs because Eli wanted them too! Drove back to pick up Mary Alice from Ballet - thank goodness class got out late because we were late getting there in traffic, after arriving home finished dinner that I tried to start after school (didn't get far because the gas stove burner kept going out), Mary Alice got excited about our anniversary and punched out hearts for the table and folded linen napkins for our dinner and wrote us special notes instead of finishing homework project (sweet), Dave came home, Eli was disappointed he did not get to practice basketball again! Kids worked on homework, dinner ready, ate a yummy dinner with the family - Mary Alice decided she didn't like any of it (I don't think she ate a single bite!), and afterwards all the dinner eaters enjoyed an even yummier dessert - Adam's long requested and long waited for Easy Cream Cheese Pie with a tasty blend of thawed mixed berries on top. This family loves it. Mary Alice cried she did not get some (I couldn't give in...she needs to eat her real food and she hadn't eaten her lunch either!) While cleaning up dinner, remembered 10 on 10 pictures so what you see is all after dinner.....showing off our new pens, taking picts of mommy's tummy, and mom and dad (the kids love it when they get to take the picts), pajamas and scripture reading, prayer and off to bed. Phew. 

I love being busy with my family. 13 years of marriage have brought to us many blessings.
I love you, Dave. Thank you for giving me such a special blessing. I love being married to you.
I love our children. Thank you for your faithfulness and for taking care of us all.

Today, (your 10th evening) Dave is home from work and we are supposed to be doing something special, but he is on his Iphone and I am blogging or rather trying to figure out how to use this changed blogger page..... How is that for a special day together? Hmmmm. Something tells me the technology needs to be put away while we take some real time to be together! 


Adam's science
Mary Alice's dinner
   
Eli showing off his teeth
 
 The front hallway.
Mary Alice's last school project still on display at home
 homework
 
 Names....
  
  Very Big Mamma
Scripture Reading
Adam smelling new pens (above - Did I mention that they are smelly pens?)
and Eli and Adam's art with New pens

And the story of the day....
The lawn guy came while I was gone and left the bill in the mailbox. Got the bill out with the mail after getting home from Ballet. It was dark out by then. When Dave got home, he read the bill. "What's this about the Lock Combo?" He said. I looked at the paper. The lawn guy had written Lock Combo, with some numbers next to it. Under that he had written in Parenthesis, "if needed to know". 
"Is the back lawn cut?" I asked. Turned on the back lights and sure enough, it was cut. Funny thing is, the lawn guy knew the combination to the gate and told it to us! ANd, this whole time I was thinking he couldn't get his mower through there anyway and would have to go through the garage....I'm guessing he has cut this lawn before? ANd, he knows a thing or two more about this place than we do! Ok. So it doesn't sound so funny in text...but it was.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We thought about you guys yesterday because your anniversary is written on our calendar too! I especially loved reading Mary Alice's notes- I hope our kids do cute things like that. Also, looking over the name board- we think Tarzan would be a good pick! haha... although it looks a little bit like Peter might be the name of choice? Either way, we are anxious for that little boy to be here safe and sound next week. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this blog, Diane. I loved it all, especially the name board...
    A classic, for sure. Hmm, so many names, I know you'll find just the right name!
    (I like Jacob Anders, but Peter is nice also, and so are Jonah, Isaac, Lars, and....
    Whatever you pick, it will be perfect for that perfect little baby boy!
    Love you all;
    Grammie and Grandad

    ReplyDelete