Hello friends and family. One year ago today, we arrived in Australia. And, one year ago on that day, it just so happened to be Australia Day. As soon as we stepped off the airplane we knew it was hot here. Thankfully, someone still came to the airport to meet us, even though it was the national holiday, and took us to our temporary place of residence. On our way, he showed us where we could walk down to the river to see the fireworks for Australia day.
One year ago today, on our first day here and our first Australia day, it was very hot with clear sunny skies. Eli remembers his dad pointing out that there wasn't a cloud in sight. Which could be a very rare thing in Norway. Today, it was very, very hot and sunny until the afternoon.
Then it was very hot and cloudy. As evening approached, it was very hot with a little downpour of rain. But, it was a short rain. Dave found a little weather info for you to show you just how hot it was supposed to be today. We are in the middle of a heat wave they say.
Dave, Mary Alice, and Eli cooled off in the pool. Adam and I stayed inside. To celebrate a little today, we had Lamington's (not sure I spelled that one right) for a treat. Instead of swimming, Adam watched The Man from Snowy River. He would have preferred something else, but I said he had to watch an Australia movie.
Last year, we all walked down to the river to watch the fireworks. But this year, I had one sick boy and one very tired recovering from sickness boy who just did not want to bike down to the river (we were biking down this year because it is a little farther away from our home). So, Mary Alice and Daddy rode their bikes down to the river with Eli's friend Charles. And I stayed home with Eli and Adam. I guess that was sort of a good thing...since I probably should not really be riding bikes anyway right now. Mary Alice and daddy enjoyed fireworks with a lightning show on the shores of the river and we enjoyed a light show in the cloudy sky above us with thunder from the balcony of Eli and Adam's room.
One year ago we were wondering where we would end up living...and not so funnily, this year we are wondering where we will end up living again as we have been told just 2 weeks ago that we need to move house because the owners want to move back in....WHat?! Oh well. That is just one of the joys of being an expat. So here we go again, another year of changes. I guess life is just like that.
Happy Australia Day!
Good night.

OH MY! 113? Sheesh!! That is soooo hot. I would love a little bit of warmth right now. Wow, it's been a year already? When do you need to be out of your house? Hopefully you can go somewhere with a pool, right? I love all of your pictures from your last post. My kids always talk about how "it is summer and nighttime for Mary Alice."
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
I cant believe how warm it is there!! But I really can't believe it has already been a year since your move! That's tough news about your upcoming move, don't do any lifting and rest up, I wish I could send Chris to help, but we truly hope the move goes smoothly!
ReplyDelete