Along this shoreline
we found a bit of green,
with some conglomerate rocks,
some mossy green,
and a very bumpy beach.
We found some "holes".
Some next to the water,
others with some water and sand nearby
and others without.
We found lots of holes...some like big bowls
one like a doughnut,
and others you could stand in.
The holes looked like fossilized somethings...
And so did these:
Dave looked, thought, admired and shared.
I found a red beaked and footed seagull
(not sure if that is what they call them here yet)
to capture with my camera.
Of course the kids found lots of treasure too....
they had to pick very carefully which ones could come along.
Adam picked this special green one.
I was worried...it smelled kind of funny.
At the point, it was even rockier.
The kids explored some more and enjoyed the scene around them.
We found an arch.
We climbed around it and the scene transformed to look like this...
...then further on it changed again.
Looking back, I saw one of the rocky islands from a moment ago,
only it looked differently now.
only it looked differently now.
Further on, there was the sky and a few distant crags.
Returning to our car, over the hill and across the point, on a well trod path...
I captured Mary Alice in all her pink
(it's fun to see what she picks out to wear.
I don't get to see that so much with school uniforms every day)
We found some remnants of the 2nd World War.
They kind of reminded us of Norway...
We also saw distant islands fading in an evening sky.
And then we left just after the sun had set



























What a cool place! Its amazing to see the impact WW2 had all over the world, I'm so glad you shared this adventure!
ReplyDelete