Sunday, September 2, 2012

10 glimpses of August

Since I totally blew off the 10 on 10 thing for August,
I thought I would recap August with 10 picts to highlight the month instead.

First, Spring is here! And with it all the wildflowers are coming into bloom. 
Australia shows all her hidden color this time of year and it is pretty amazing. More on that later. These pretty flowers are on all the corners along the main street through our suburb.
Love them. 

As mentioned in part earlier, we had a lot of fun this month celebrating Adam's 10th birthday.
He had a hard time blowing out birthday candles again during his little party with friends...
it's hard to produce enough air while you are laughing. He was happy to have that more affordable Nerf party at the park with dinner at home rather than go to Dark Zone for some lazer tag... it took a bit of convincing to get us to the Nerf at home approval. I think it went all right. It was really fun to see Adam with his friends. He enjoys a good laugh and is quite the little comic. Definitely "Cheeky" (as his old Dalkeith teacher, Mrs. Ikins used to say last year).

Eli is a super Jakob helper. It doesn't matter what he has to put up with,
Jakob likes to be where his big brother is. This picture was taken Sunday morning before church.
It's amazing I found the time to snap a picture....

The luxury of computers when you are so far from family.... Hello Uncle Brian!
We're glad you've been up with the baby so we could chat while we're all awake.

DO you think he needs a hair cut?

The baby gear has taken over.... It's not usually all in one room,
but somehow managed to migrate there for this picture.

Garage helpers.
The last thing to get organized when we move.....the garage. If it ever gets organized.
You'd think we had this down better and quicker by now, but we don't. Everything left over that doesn't have an inside place gets put where?.....the garage, of course. Till we figure out what to do with it. And of course, the cars can't go there. 
Maybe it's time to get rid of a few more things. 

 
 And, the last day of the month (this last Friday) was also the school fun runs. The kids surprised us with their finishes. I think they are in better shape than we thought they were. Adam especially surprised us with his third place finish because he didn't even want to do it. Eli and Mary Alice both came in first. We'll try to get more picts and info on that for you later too.

 
Mary Alice has waited a VERY long time to lose her two front teeth (the top ones anyway). 
She lost her second one on the last day of the month. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. -Beautiful flowers, holy cow! It's so weird to think of it just beginning Spring there.
    -So cute with Jakob and Eli. Golly goodness, I want to hold that little boy so much.
    -Yay! Skyping! Can we please set up a Skype date? Even if it is just for Mary Alice and Kate? I love seeing Brian and David's faces in the same picture.
    -I think that Eli's hair looks pretty cool. :)
    -The baby stuff all in the room is hilarious. Especially with your older kids sitting in there and Jakob isn't. Weston and I always laugh about how baby stuff takes up so much room. I mentioned that to my dad and he said, "Enjoy it while you have it."
    -Jakob is soo cute!
    -Good running, Adam! Way to take 3rd! David looks good wearing babies. :)
    -Hooray for MA loosing those teeth. I love it when they're gappy like that.

    I love and miss you!!!!

    p.s. I was listening to a devotional last night as I was doing dishes. A man was introducing Jeffrey R. Holland before he spoke. He mentioned that he had 3 children, and their names are David, Mary Alice, and something else. Did you know that??? I thought that that was cool.

    ReplyDelete