Ok Carrie, this ones for you and your 10 on 10 challenge. I keep thinking that it is really not the 10th and I have confused my days. If that is the case, such is the life of a busy mom (a little lost in time) and you can all enjoy the picts any way and pretend like it is really the 10th day of the month!










Some details of the day...
I think the high today was 95 degrees and humid. HOT.
I tried to make the banana bread early, before the oven became too much added heat. I know you can freeze banans, but we are moving house and I am trying to use things up...
I think I could put a laundry picture on the blog every day except Sunday. It is always there...always in the process of getting done and it never goes away.
You know it is hot when you find yourself dripping with sweat even when you are in the shade and hardly moving. (Of course, this is probably more a result of pregnancy in the heat.) Dave gets a nice sweaty wet backpack back when he rides his bike home from work.
The pool pump died yesterday. Today the pool guy came by and said that it is officially out of order and needs to be fixed. We can swim if we add chlorine to the pool and continue to run the pump daily without the chlorinator. If we don't add the chlorine and swim anyway, the pool will quickly turn cloudy and green. (We have never had to add chlorine to the pool because it is a salt chlorine pool, which means the chlorinator, which is the part that is broken, splits the salt into chlorine.) The kids were disappointed that they could not swim on such a hot day, especially when they are determined to enjoy the pool as much as possible before we move. Hopefully, Dave can figure the chlorine out tomorrow so we will be able to cool off a bit and enjoy the pool...
SO, instead of swimming, they stayed cool inside doing quiet things...
We have ants all over our yard and they are always busy. Dave is amazed how far they carry food and such back to their home on their busy ant trails.
We were happy to see the sunflowers survived another day without being attacked by the large white parrots we chased away yesterday. Two white, rather large parrots (or something like that) were perched on the flowers, which bent over under their weight, and started to peck out the not so ripe seeds, tearing the flowers apart. They sat there till I was about a foot away then finally flew away when they realized I really did not want them eating our sunflowers!
And, being a school day, had to catch a glimpse of the kids in uniform getting out their sillies.
I should get a picture of all the kid's new room plans. They are fun to look at and quite wishful! I think Eli has a computer and a TV in his room plan with a couch and desk and bean bag and...










Some details of the day...
I think the high today was 95 degrees and humid. HOT.
I tried to make the banana bread early, before the oven became too much added heat. I know you can freeze banans, but we are moving house and I am trying to use things up...
I think I could put a laundry picture on the blog every day except Sunday. It is always there...always in the process of getting done and it never goes away.
You know it is hot when you find yourself dripping with sweat even when you are in the shade and hardly moving. (Of course, this is probably more a result of pregnancy in the heat.) Dave gets a nice sweaty wet backpack back when he rides his bike home from work.
The pool pump died yesterday. Today the pool guy came by and said that it is officially out of order and needs to be fixed. We can swim if we add chlorine to the pool and continue to run the pump daily without the chlorinator. If we don't add the chlorine and swim anyway, the pool will quickly turn cloudy and green. (We have never had to add chlorine to the pool because it is a salt chlorine pool, which means the chlorinator, which is the part that is broken, splits the salt into chlorine.) The kids were disappointed that they could not swim on such a hot day, especially when they are determined to enjoy the pool as much as possible before we move. Hopefully, Dave can figure the chlorine out tomorrow so we will be able to cool off a bit and enjoy the pool...
SO, instead of swimming, they stayed cool inside doing quiet things...
We have ants all over our yard and they are always busy. Dave is amazed how far they carry food and such back to their home on their busy ant trails.
We were happy to see the sunflowers survived another day without being attacked by the large white parrots we chased away yesterday. Two white, rather large parrots (or something like that) were perched on the flowers, which bent over under their weight, and started to peck out the not so ripe seeds, tearing the flowers apart. They sat there till I was about a foot away then finally flew away when they realized I really did not want them eating our sunflowers!
And, being a school day, had to catch a glimpse of the kids in uniform getting out their sillies.
I should get a picture of all the kid's new room plans. They are fun to look at and quite wishful! I think Eli has a computer and a TV in his room plan with a couch and desk and bean bag and...
Awesome, Diane! I love seeing into bits of your day. Banana bread looks scrumdiddiliumptious; that sunflower is gorgeous; how funny that those birds sit on them; bummer about your pool pump being broken! It sounds super hot over there. I like your backpack, Davey (and am excited to see you next weekend). Cute kiddies!
ReplyDeleteHope that your all doing great!!!