Have you ever seen a Wombat?

or Sleepy Koalas in a Eucalyptus tree? Did you know that Koalas sleep...
and sleep...and sleep some more? They wake up to eat for a bit,
then go find another comfy spot in their tree and keep on sleeping.

Have you ever stood right next to them
and watched them in their slumber or stroked their soft fur?

Have you ever seen a sheep being sheered? Do you know what they do with the wool from the sheep?

Have you ever heard a Kookaburra? I think they sound like monkeys.
They are very loud. This is a Blue Winged Kookaburra (if I remember right).

I'd seen an Emu before, but I had forgotten that they live in Australia.

Did you know that there are black swans too?
They are black in Australia. (I am sorry I did not get a better picture of the swan.)

I think you've heard of and maybe seen barn owls.
I thought they were quite handsome. Some of us thought of Harry Potter.

The birds here have been fun to watch. I haven't seen these in the wild yet...

But I have seen these, flying around the neighborhood!



The middle peachy bird liked to say "Hello".
The right colorful bird reminds us of our Norway pet, Chippy. We miss our bird.
All of these we saw at the wildlife park with the Kangaroos. The sheep bit was a little Australian ranch section, where they had a fun show about the Australian sheep ranch and how they work with the animals on their ranches. They had a few dogs, who helped round up the sheep, a horse, a cow to milk and baby sheep to feed. They had pigs, chickens, rabbits, a donkey and some guinea pigs. Sounds a lot like another fun ranch we like to visit.
We had fun seeing a lot of other Marsupials too. There are many more than the kangaroos and koalas. A lot of them were sleeping and hard to find, so I didn't get good pictures of them.

or Sleepy Koalas in a Eucalyptus tree? Did you know that Koalas sleep...
and sleep...and sleep some more? They wake up to eat for a bit,
then go find another comfy spot in their tree and keep on sleeping.

Have you ever stood right next to them
and watched them in their slumber or stroked their soft fur?

Have you ever seen a sheep being sheered? Do you know what they do with the wool from the sheep?

Have you ever heard a Kookaburra? I think they sound like monkeys.
They are very loud. This is a Blue Winged Kookaburra (if I remember right).

I'd seen an Emu before, but I had forgotten that they live in Australia.

Did you know that there are black swans too?
They are black in Australia. (I am sorry I did not get a better picture of the swan.)

I think you've heard of and maybe seen barn owls.
I thought they were quite handsome. Some of us thought of Harry Potter.

The birds here have been fun to watch. I haven't seen these in the wild yet...

But I have seen these, flying around the neighborhood!



The middle peachy bird liked to say "Hello".
The right colorful bird reminds us of our Norway pet, Chippy. We miss our bird.
All of these we saw at the wildlife park with the Kangaroos. The sheep bit was a little Australian ranch section, where they had a fun show about the Australian sheep ranch and how they work with the animals on their ranches. They had a few dogs, who helped round up the sheep, a horse, a cow to milk and baby sheep to feed. They had pigs, chickens, rabbits, a donkey and some guinea pigs. Sounds a lot like another fun ranch we like to visit.
We had fun seeing a lot of other Marsupials too. There are many more than the kangaroos and koalas. A lot of them were sleeping and hard to find, so I didn't get good pictures of them.
Diane and Dave;
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting all of these pictures. We love looking at your blog. Miss all of you!
Love, Mom/Grammie