Monday, May 3, 2010

Spring has mostly Sprung

Finally, the leaves have appeared...on some trees, not all, and some flowers too... though still somewhat sparse. And I gave our lawn its first cut yesterday. Spring is mostly here but it still feels so cold! I still want my ears covered and at least a fleece jacket with a long sleeved shirt underneath when I go outside most days. That seems silly when it looks so warm, but then I go out and wish I had them if I don't.
Summer is just around the corner. Even if the temperature doesn't tell me so, the light sure does. We put our kids down late tonight...about 9 o'clock and the sun was still shining. It's just beginning to set as I type. I didn't realize it was already working toward the even later June Solstice. No wonder my kids were sooooo energetic tonight. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment