STRAWBERRIES . . . AND warmth
and a wading pool, popcycles, water guns, suscreen (lots) the beach and hot! Amazing. Today we had a summer day. (24 degrees celcius - hasn't been above 20 all year, hardly, if ever, above 15.) It was so nice. We've had sun. Lots of it. But it's still been cold. Really cold and mostly windy. TOday, It was warm all day, even in the morning and in the evening. Not just kind of between the hours of 1 and 5, but all day, all evening. This is a rarity here to be enjoyed, soaked up and taken advantage of. This is the first week I have ventured outside all week long without a fleece jacket on, since last summer. To venture outside at 6 in the morning, 10, 11, noon without a fleece or jacket is . . . nice. To top off a perfect summer day, our strawberries seem to be ripening right before our eyes. YUM. Yum. yum. And again, Yum. I was very happy to pick about 20 of them today. What a yummy treat. Only about 2 had slug bites, 2 ant bites and one bird bitten. NOt bad. I was and am very worried about the slugs finding my berries before I do . . . Thankfully, they aren't as abundant as I thought they might be, yet.
How hot is 24 degrees Celcius? What would that be in degrees Fahrenheit?
ReplyDeleteOkay, I just looked it up. F = 1.8C + 32
So, 24C = 75.2F
(I'm a nerd.)
Well, awesome! Glad that it's been warm there and you've been enjoying your STRAWBERRIES! It has been cool here, too. But yesterday it got up to 92. Nice!
We love reading your entries! We have been needing to call you and will plan to soon!
ReplyDelete